ADVANTAGES OF BLOCK PAVING
We often get asked by clients of the differences between tarmac, paving and gravel options. Furthermore the price for a driveway installed with block paving in Bristol is higher than tarmac as well. Here we will try to highlight some of the reasons that we believe block paving is a better long term solution than picking tarmac or gravel for your driveway area.
- There is a wide range of styles, types, colours and sizes of block pavers hence there are also many design possibilities.
- Block paving is considered to be more attractive than basic, plain tarmacadam surfaces for driveways.
- Block paving can be relatively inexpensive if you compare it natural stone paving or clay paving. Clay paving for example is one of the more expensive options and requires specialist machinery to install.
- Individual blocks can be lifted and replaced if they are damaged, or stained with oil, diesel or petrol spillages.
- Because paving blocks are manufactured rather than cut from natural stone, block sizes tend to be very accurate and uniform.
- No specialist machinery is required (as there is with tarmacadam surfaces) hence small areas should not be proportionately more expensive per square meter, as when there are high set-up costs.
- Concrete block paving is cost effective when compared to clay pavers or natural stone blocks such as granite setts.
- There is a wide choice in the depths of concrete block pavers from 50 mm to over 100 mm. This can make block paving suitable for both domestic and commercial applications.
- Block paving is very durable and is expected to last reliably for at least 20 years. It is a great material for a driveway or patio as it is incredibly hard-wearing and, as such, can easily cope with lots of motor and pedestrian traffic. In fact, it is able to withstand so much pressure that it is commonly used in airports and docks – a testament to its capabilities. Additionally, it is unaffected by frosts, salts, oils and most chemicals, making it a popular choice in heavy industrial sites.
If you require more information on the benefits of paving your driveway, call the experts today at SD Home Improvements LTD. Free quotes covering all of Bristol.